Who are we?
Kehilat Gesher, a community of around 145 families, is the only French Anglophone liberal synagogue serving the greater Paris area, through two locations, Paris 17th and St-Germain-en-Laye.
It is a community founded upon the desire of our members to “bridge the gap” between our French and English speaking nationalities, our Sefardi and Ashkenazi Jewish cultures, and the conditions of our modern secular lives and its inter-connection to our traditional spiritual heritage.
We are a warm, egalitarian, participatory group that would be delighted to have you spend the holidays with us, and privileged to have you join us as members. At Kehilat Gesher, you are an individual and part of our family.
All are welcome, regardless of your personal or economic situation.
For those of you interested in learning more about Kehilat Gesher USA, please click here.
We are board members of the World Union for Progressive Judaism and helped to establish theFederation of Francophone Liberal Congregations in Europe.
- Read an article about: KG English, French and Hebrew spoken at inclusive Paris shul
- Download and read Liat Kushner Richman’s article about KG, entitled “Soul food“
- Download the bylaws (les statuts, in French)
- Read the 2004 KG Treasurer’s RH speech
- Read the 2008 KG President’s YK speech