Kehilat Gesher USA
The Board of Directors of Kehilat Gesher has created a community in the United States called Kehilat Gesher USA, an American non-profit organization or 501 (c) 3. Member Sam Okoshken helped us greatly in getting this set up, as did Board members Doug Glucroft and Jennifer Schenker Beder.
Mission Statement of Kehilat Gesher USA (KG USA)
- Provide information in the US, regarding
- KG’s activities as an American-French synagogue based in and around Paris, France,
- Jewish life in France
- Develop programs with US synagogues and other Jewish institutions
- Programs may be joint programs in the US or exchange of visitors and speakers with KG France
- Identify sources of funds for KG programs and synagogue development
- Create and develop an American network of friends and supporters of KG
For more information, please contact either:
- Robin Rosenberg, Co-President of our U.S. association, or
- Ken Harris, Director, KG USA Board of Directors.
Donations made to Kehilat Gesher USA will be fully tax deductible in the United States. You can send your check (made out to Kehilat Gesher USA; please note on the check that your donation is for KG France):
Rabbi Peter Grumbacher
Vice President, Finance, of Kehilat Gesher USA
300 Woodland Drive
Wilmington, DE 19809
Don’t forget to tell your family and friends in the United States about KG USA.
Special Opportunities – Kehilat Gesher USA (KG USA)
For Americans in Paris attending Kehilat Gesher High Holiday Services
Keep in mind that KG USA:
- Serves as a tax deductible way for Americans to support liberal Judaism in France;
- Helps to develop your network of American as well as multinational friends in France;
- Connects American Reform and Conservative Jews traveling to France with information about liberal Judaism in France.
- Is a 501 (c) (3) IRS approved charity, and transfers 100% of all donations made to KG France (KG USA’s pro bono board/staff takes no fees).
Want to support Kehilat Gesher in France? Visitors can make KG their congregation while in the Paris area and maintain a Paris connection.
If you pay taxes to the U. S. Government, your donation to KG USA is tax-deductable. Make a donation to KG USA; your gift will be forwarded on to Kehilat Gesher in France.
Contact: Dr. Marilyn Yakowitz, Co-President and Treasurer, KG USA
Sponsorship Donation Opportunity
Includes Complimentary Membership (with discounted Member rates for High Holidays)
Donors to Kehilat Gesher France, who make their donations through KG USA, now have an opportunity to become a Kehilat Gesher Sponsor.
This is a new opportunity for those who pay taxes to the US IRS and who are also non-residents of Paris or its environs.
Sponsorship benefits for donors include:
- A US tax deduction
- Complimentary membership in Kehilat Gesher, France
- High holiday tickets at Kehilat Gesher, France at discounted member rates
Sponsorship donation levels begin at $500 (USD) for a single membership, $800 (USD) for a couple or family. All donations at this level or higher from donors not residing in France will automatically receive Sponsorship benefits.
Visitors can make KG their congregation while in the Paris area and maintain a Paris connection. Former residents can continue their connection with Kehilat Gesher, France.
To become a sponsor: Send your check with your address and email information to: Rabbi Peter Grumbacher, Vice President, Finance, Kehilat Gesher USA, 300 Woodland Drive, Wilmington, DE 19809.
Donations made to Kehilat Gesher USA will be fully tax deductible in the United States. You can send your check made out to Kehilat Gesher USA. For sponsorship, please note that the donation is for KG France
Kehilat Gesher USA : Dr. Marilyn Yakowitz, Co-Pres., Treas. ; Dr. Robin Rosenberg, Co-Pres.; Rabbi Peter Grumbacher, VP Finance; Kenneth Harris, Director ; Stephanie Cohn, Director.